SCOPED CARBINE TRAINING
2 DAY COURSE
Scoped Carbine is a follow up course designed for the student who has had an intermediate level formalized rifle training looking to expand their understanding of magnified optics. This course focuses on the use of semi-automatic carbines with magnified optics such as fixed magnification optics (ACOG or red dot with magnifier), LPVO’s, or other variable power optics. We will continue to add to your skills foundation which will enable you to continue improving your skills with advanced training or self guided practice.
An intermediate Precision Rifle course from any recognized and properly vetted source.
NOTE: This class is not a basic carbine class and focuses on use of the optic and using it to engage targets at varying distances from a variety of non-standard shooting positions. A certain level of understanding of your chosen rifle platform is expected as we will not be spending extended time on basic weapon manipulation, reloading etc.
There is physical portions of this curriculum requiring a certain amount of physical fitness to accomplish the required movement or goals of the course.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Confirmation of zero and adjustments necessary to compensate for atmospherics and location.
- Precision engagement of targets inside your zero distance.
- Effective utilization of wind meters and ballistic calculators and/ or ballistic applications.
- Understanding basic wind reading and calls.
- Utilization of hold-overs for rapid target engagement.
- Magnification management and transitioning between primary and backup sighting systems (RDS or Irons)
- Multiple target engagement at varying distances.
- Man on Man timed drills.
- Building reliable, repeatable standard and improvised shooting positions.
- Engaging targets from tripods.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT (MINIMUM):
- A quality semi-automatic carbine capable of at least 1.5 moa at least 5.56/ .223 caliber equipped with a sling and a bipod.
- A properly mounted magnified optic (back up RDS or irons recommended)
- Shooting mat and rear support bag.
- Note taking material.
- Rifle cleaning equipment.
- Medium sized backpack filled with a sufficient amount of clothing etc. to serve as a shooting rest/support.
- Wind meter and ballistic calculator or application. (Kestrels available for use)
- 350+ rounds of quality Match ammunition. (will have ability to shoot more rounds if the student would like more reps)
- Water, food, clothing, and sunscreen etc. as needed to maintain comfort.
- Spotting scope or binoculars
- Shooting tripod (some will be provided for use if needed)
- Laser range finder