Bruiser Industries Basic Pistol Training 1 course is an introductory pistol training program focused on safe weapons handling, fundamental skills of weapons manipulation and marksmanship. The fundamentals are the foundation that all advanced skills are based off of. We focus on the ability to identify and put into practice these fundamentals to ensure you have a solid base to enhance you training moving forward.
Being an introductory course, the only required skills are to possess safe weapon handling skills and a willingness to learn.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Pistol nomenclature, and cycle of operations.
- Pistol care and maintenance
- Zeroing theory and practice for iron and common red dot sighting systems
- Weapons manipulations to include, loading, reloading, handling of common malfunctions.
- Grip, stance and the fundamentals of marksmanship.
- Shooting positions
- Introduction to the use of cover, barricades.
- Introduction to movement
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT (MINIMUM):
- Modern semi-automatic pistol or revolver
- 3 magazines (ability to have 25 plus rounds loaded per course of fire)
- Modern holster with retention to retain pistol during movement
- Pistol magazine pouches for both spare magazines (if from concealment NEOmag or similar pocket clip is allowable)
- Pistol belt of some type- rigid belt
- Ear and eye protection
- Weapon cleaning kit/ required tools
- Note pad
- Pencil or pen
- 400 rounds for 1 day (250 round minimum but suggested to bring more to maximize training opportunities)
- Knee pads